Thursday, December 4, 2008

Turn off the lights

I have become obsessive about this one, not sure why, but it is good because it is just becoming a habit. I watched a Mythbusters episode where they busted the myth that leaving the lights on all day actually saves energy.  Not only did they bust it but they found that even being out of the room for a few seconds you save energy by turning off the light, so I have made it a habit to turn off the light of all rooms I am not using at that exact moment. I do this at home and my husband has started too as well. We used to leave the hall light on (4 downlights) on all evening so we could get around the house, now those stay off unless we are in the hall.  

I do this at work to an extent as well, I sit near the conference rooms and our materials library and I am constantly turning those lights off after people when I get up to go somewhere.  Another place would be the break room, copy room, mail room, server room, etc... 

No comments:

Post a Comment