Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Green Building Initiative

I have been learning about Green Globes today for a project we have coming up, and the more I read the more I am impressed.  This seems like such a smart system that anyone can use whether they are building new or they want to green up their existing building.  It is not a points system but an overall evaulation, which makes a lot of sense.  Also on this site is a great database for everyone that lists by state what incentives are available in your area. This includes renewable energy rebates, rebates from gas and electric companies for the purchase of energy star and energy efficient appliance purcahses, as well as just insulation purchases.  VERY handy. I am glad I found it because we've been talking about getting rid of the piece o' crap water heater our lovely developer sold our place with and now with the incentives we might be able to actually afford one... 

No comments:

Post a Comment